CONTAINER HANDLING TRUCKS FOR SALE
The garbage industry depends on hands-free, hydraulic solutions to complete work quickly and efficiently. At Custom Truck One Source, we have new and used container handler trucks for sale at great prices to improve your container transport process.
What Are Container Handling Trucks Used For?
Container handling trucks, also known as Container Delivery Units (CDUs), play a crucial role in today’s trash collection process. Their rotating arm makes it easy to pick up and place front- and rear-load garbage containers. They also have a smaller chassis that’s easy to maneuver in tight, congested areas and don’t require a commercial driver’s license (CDL) for operation.
Container handlers are often used in “missed truck” situations — if a trash truck misses any containers along a route, the trash collection company can send a container handler to grab and dump them.
These trucks are also great for repairs. When container bottoms rot and rust, trash collection companies can dispatch container handlers to raise, place and rotate them to expose the bottoms for repair.
Our Container Handler Trucks for Sale
At Custom Truck One Source, we sell two types of container handler trucks manufactured by Galbreath, a premier trailer and hoist brand in the waste industry.
Galbreath Loaded Container Handler (SLCH)
This container handler is designed to make transporting front- and rear-load containers safer. Containers sit level during transport, minimizing trash spillage. The center of gravity and containers also sit at the front of the rear axle for even weight distribution, allowing safe transport for loaded containers weighing up to 8,000 pounds.
The SLCH’s rotator mechanism makes dumping full containers easy. It can handle front-load containers up to 10 yards long and rear-load containers up to 6 yards long. The SLCH also has a hoist and rotating capacity of up to 8,000 pounds for front-load containers.
The SLCH provides a legal overhang for containers, keeping the rear lights clearly visible and eliminating the need for an Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) bumper. It also complies with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and can be operated by non-CDL drivers.
Galbreath Unloaded Container Handler (CH8000)
The CH8000 is the perfect choice for moving containers around a yard. It is not intended for transporting loaded containers on the highway. It comes with or without a rotator for emptying containers. Both versions of the CH8000 have a weight capacity of 8,000 pounds.
Other features include:
- Bumper with recessed LED lighting.
- Direct-mount pump and oil reservoir.
- Pintle- or Reese-hitch adaptable rear aprons.
- Ratchet straps to secure containers.
- Inside air controls.
- Back-up and hoist-up alarms with signal lights.
Buy Container Handlers From Custom Truck One Source
When you purchase a container handler truck from us, you’ll enjoy perks like:
- Competitive prices: We offer cost-effective options and in-house financing to make buying a container handler more affordable.
- Customization: We’ll customize your container handler with features suited to your unique needs.
- National network: Our vast service network allows us to provide quick, expert assistance anywhere in the country.
- 24/7 support: You can reach our qualified technicians 24/7 through our customer call center.
- Full-service model: We service your container handler throughout its entire lifespan, from purchase to disposal.
Request a quote today or contact us to learn more!